Collection of maps, developed by the IRI and the IFRC, that provides information for humanitarian decision-making and early action around the world.
The collection includes the following types of maps which are updated daily:
- Six-Day forecasts: These maps show where heavy rainfall is expected in the next six days, and how much rainfall is expected.
- Three-Month Forecasts: These maps show where large or small amounts of rainfall are expected in the next three months.
- Past Conditions: These maps show rainfall patterns that can be expected for El Nino, La Nina, and average years.
- Recent Climate Trends: These maps show what the rainfall has been like for the last 100 years, and what trends exist in your location.
- Vulnerability Indicators: These maps show population density and child mortality rates to indicate areas of the world that might be most vulnerable to high or low rainfall amounts.
Link to Maproom