The GDPC is responsive to current trends, tackling current crises with an eye towards preparing for future ones.
The GDPC monitors trends and disseminates strategic insights that aim to reduce the effects of disasters on vulnerable populations. By addressing the current areas of focus, the GDPC will enable organizations working with and on behalf of these populations to prepare for crises before they happen.
Going forward, there is an opportunity for the GDPC to evolve its offerings towards preparedness intelligence via future-facing preparedness trends analysis.
At present, the GDPC has identified the following focus areas that will be critical to address in reducing the effect of disasters on vulnerable populations:
- climate change
- migration and displacement
- disaster preparedness
- urban preparedness
– Gavin White, Senior Advisor for Community Preparedness, American Red Cross
– Jessica Ports Robbins, Technical Advisor, Preparedness ICTs, GDPC
– Lauren Pucci, Head of Program Development, Relief International, GDPC alum
– Aynur Kadihasanoglu, Senior Advisor for Urban Climate Resilience, GDPC