- Why does data culture matter?
- How can we start an informal data working group?
- How can we design curriculum to build data skills within groups?
A suggested step by step process to achieve learning objectives.
- Read Data Socialisation: Fostering a Data Culture [Handout 1] to get an understanding of why building a data culture is important.
- To build foundations for developing informal data working groups, run the session Designing your data skills curriculum [SessionPlan 1] with your team to get an ideal of the skills they already possess and where there are gaps in knowledge.
- Use What is Data Literacy at IFRC? [SlideDeck 6] and Why Data Matters [SlideDeck 3] slide decks as discussion points for upcoming meetings of your working group.
- Provide your working group with the Our Data Audiences [Handout 12] so they can frame who they are trying to engage with data at IFRC.
Pick and choose ingredients to create your own recipe. Do you have an ingredient we’re missing? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Longer social learning experiences
- Data Skills Scoping [SessionPlan 1] A Session that builds on a ‘data skills baseline’ and ‘build a common language around data’, while collecting input for future programs.
- Informal working group Template [SessionPlan 2] A guide to planning future working group meetings.
For distribution to participants for use post-training
- Data Socialisation: Fostering a Data Culture [Handout 1]. Article detailing ways to build an inclusive and sustainable data culture.
- Our Data Audiences [Handout 12]. Who are the data audiences at IFRC and how might we work with them?
Distilled information for use as standalone or parts of presentations.
- What is Data Literacy at IFRC? [SlideDeck 6] Provides an overview of Data Literacy and the Data Literacy Program at IFRC.
- Why Data Matters [SlideDeck 4]. A short deck that provides context for data use within IFRC
- Data audiences at IFRC [SlideDeck 7] Who are the data audiences at IFRC and how might we work with them?
- Growing Data Literacy [SlideDeck 8]. A longer slide deck covering data literacy at IFRC.
Other relevant modules from the data playbook beta:
- How do we build data-driven projects? [Module 3]