Held in Antalya from Nov. 04th until Nov. 11th 2017 with the support of the Turkish Red Crescent
The 21st session of the GA and the statutory meeting is a platform for National Societies to discuss the strategic direction of the RC movement for the coming years. Taking advantage of this major event, the IFRC-SRU held a booth within the Kizilay tent factory exhibition site, located beside the General Assembly conference center.
The idea was to highlight the existence of the IFRC-SRU. Presenting the different services that the Unit can offer to NSs with an exhibition illustrating some examples of our research.
To summarize, the presence of the IFRC-SRU has the objectives to:
- Give visibility of the IFRC-SRU
- Present the aims of the IFRC-SRU – to build up innovative material and technical shelter solutions.
- Present the 4 pillars/activities of the IFRC-SRU: to Test, to Document, to Analyse and disseminate and to Assess and propose shelter products and innovative solutions dedicated to people in need)
- Present the IFRC SRU’s services addressed to NSs: •Shelter Design development •Field testing •Capacity building on construction practices and local techniques •Monitoring and evaluation of shelter responses
- Present the existing partners the IFRC Shelter Research Unit – Supported by the Red Cross Societies of the Benelux and more recently the Turkish Red Crescent in collaboration with the IFRC Shelter & Settlements Department)
- Disseminate existing tools – including the Shelter Database, technical guidelines, and shelter solutions)
- Identify potential “partners” and technical issues subject of interest
- Reinforce the collaboration with existing partners including notably the Turkish RC and the German RC
To know more about this exhibition, please consult the following document: Activity report