What Role does the Private Sector have in supporting Disaster Recovery, and what Challenges does it face in doing so?
This publication examines key issues confronting the private sector in:
- disaster recovery financing;
- what roles private-sector entities have played;
- and where there has been successful integration or leadership of these organizations.
The study also briefly explores challenges that the private sector faces, with particular attention to issues of information use and application, coordination in response and recovery, and timing of funding. The key findings of the publication include:
- The private sector contributes to disaster recovery financing in a variety of ways.
- Public-private partnerships are integral.
- The private sector, particularly businesses, is key to disaster recovery.
- The private sector faces challenges when it comes to financing.