The 2020 Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) Implementation Workshop will be 29-30 September, 12:30-17:30 CEST. It will be conducted as a video call-in session over Zoom. Call-in instructions for Zoom will be sent to all registered participants. The Workshop is a technical meeting intended for information sharing among experts. There is no charge to participate. Everyone interested in emergency alerting is welcome: managers, technical staff, media, etc., including those in government, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), and commercial organizations.
The host and co-sponsor of this Workshop is the International Telecommunication Union (ITU). Other co-sponsors of the Workshop are: the International Association of Emergency Managers (IAEM), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC), the OASIS standards organization, and the World Meteorological Organization (WMO).
A CAP “Train the Trainers” session will be held on September 28, 2020, 13:30-16:30. It will also be conducted as a video call-in session over Zoom. Call-in instructions for Zoom will be sent to all registered participants.
- A flyer about both events is available here.
- For more details about the venue and logistics, see the Information Note.
- For a provisional agenda giving expected topics in order by time, see Programme.
- For a provisional list of speakers, including biographies and pictures, see Speakers.
- For a provisional list of participants, see Participants.