Social Media E-Learning Course:
Sharing the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement on Social Media
The use of social media is becoming an integral part of communication and community engagement for humanitarian work. Recognizing the potential of social media communication to support vulnerable people before, during and after a disaster, national societies throughout the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement are integrating new communication forms more strategically into their operations across sectors.
The purpose of this online course, created by the IFRC Americas Region and the Global Disaster Preparedness Center (GDPC), is to enable National Societies and Red Cross/Red Crescent staff and volunteers to quickly access helpful and instructional information to enhance their social media engagement. This course provides a creative and engaging way to inspire and motivate National Societies to set-up and enhance their social media presence to better promote their work across sectors and engage with the communities and population they serve.
Note: This course is also available to non-Red Cross/Red Crescent staff and volunteers. Simply create an account with the IFRC Learning Platform to get started.
· Use social media to lend a human touch to the Red Cross / Red Crescent brand
· Identify the benefits, limitations and risks of social media
· Confidently post on social media, according to IFRC guidelines
· Connect with the Red Cross / Red Crescent community of online advocates and experts
· Formulate better content planning and social campaigns
· Make sense of statistics on social media platforms
· Put together a social media measurement report
· Use data in developing content strategy
· Module 1: Engagement of staff and volunteers in social media
· Module 2: Content Planning
· Module 3: Social Media Monitoring
Link to IFRC Learning Platform, English Version, Spanish Version, French Version, Video about the E-learning Course
https://ifrc.csod.com/client/ifrc/default.aspx, https://ifrc.csod.com/LMS/LoDetails/DetailsLo.aspx?loid=1534af6a-87d6-4ebc-b000-c6557c7c52f0&query=%3Fq%3DSharing%20the%20Red%20Cross%20Red%20Crescent%20Movement%20on%20Social%20Media#t=1, https://ifrc.csod.com/LMS/LoDetails/DetailsLo.aspx?loid=da93d29d-d24e-4885-aa5d-4dc283029670&query=%3Fq%3DSharing%20the%20Red%20Cross%20Red%20Crescent%20Movement%20on%20Social%20Media%20%28Spanish%29#t=1, https://ifrc.csod.com/LMS/LoDetails/DetailsLo.aspx?loid=4ec958ad-01f2-4ced-a9ae-b18c564dcef8&query=%3Fq%3DSharing%20the%20Red%20Cross%20Red%20Crescent%20Movement%20on%20Social%20Media%20%28French%29#t=1, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgQpRCDrkq8