The Advocacy Toolkit provides a broadly accepted definition of advocacy and detailed steps, guidance and tools for developing and implementing an advocacy strategy. The Toolkit also outlines eight foundational areas that can help strengthen an office’s capacity for advocacy, and covers several crosscutting aspects of advocacy including:
- monitoring and evaluating advocacy
- managing knowledge in advocacy
- managing risks in advocacy
- building relationships and securing partnerships for advocacy, and
- working with children and young people in advocacy
Source: UNICEF, 2010.
UNICEF Advocacy Toolkit