You Facilitate the Learning Journey
The LtC learning and development approach invites learners on a learning journey led by a facilitator in an online or in person setting. With the support of the LtC guides and tools, you become the facilitator and lead a learning journey in your national society or context.
As a facilitator, you will guide learners on learning journeys. Core capabilities for LtC learners include:
- personal leadership skills, including listening and reflection.
- effective and inclusive teamwork, fostering learning cultures and honoring diversity.
- developing growth mindsets for adaptive and agile practices.
Through your facilitation, learners will engage in personal reflection and group dialogue, sparking change at the personal, team and organizational levels. You will serve as a source of strength that holds the learning process together, creating space for more than the usual voices to be heard. You will encourage learners to continue the learning habit, coaching them to use the LtC tools for their personal leadership practice even after the course is completed and the learning journey has landed.
We can only change our systems and services if we change ourselves. As agile and adaptive leaders and learners, we can effectively deliver relevant and impactful RCRC mission into the future. Collectively, we can create the conditions for positive change to grow in our RCRC culture and the communities we serve. - LtC vision statement
Strategy 2030 is about change. It is about changing not just what we do, but how we do it, so that we are even better able to save lives, accompany people and support their resilience… To do this we must listen, think and be ready to act differently, and be open to learning and adapting along the way. - IFRC Strategy 2030
Components of the Learning Journey
The facilitation guidance helps you lead learning journeys in your own national society or contexts.
The LtC tools include activities that support the development of leadership and learning practices.
Community of Practice
Facilitators and learners can connect with peers who also champion a culture of learning and transformation.
Explore the core module learning objectives
Self-Awareness & Reflection
- You will consider how your personal values and our collective values of the RCRC principles drive your behaviours.
- You will begin to build a consistent personal reflection practice.
- You will build connections with others, so you feel safe enough to do the hard work on yourself.
- You will know the change you want to make on this learning journey.
- You will use tools that you can apply during the journey and in your work and life.
- You will want to begin the journey!
Learn to Notice More & Listening
- You will be more aware of yourself, your context, and other people.
- You will know that everyone has a different perspective and be ready to question your own and others' assumptions.
- You will be more aware of how you listen and the opportunity for generative dialogue.
- You will be more able to accept the differences between people.
Trust & Psychological Safety
Teams that Work Part I:
- You will be able to describe what makes successful and well-functioning teams, and what you contribute to them.
- You will be able to explain the features of a positive team culture.
- You will be able to ask questions to identify how you could improve a team culture.
Leading Change with Growth Mindsets
- You will understand the value of a growth mindset to support adaptive and agile practices.
- You will be able to take risks, make mistakes and experiment in a team.
- You will experience talking openly about failure and celebrating success.
- You will be able to identify your strengths, and your areas for improvement when working in a team.
The Learning Habit
- You will have strong connections with colleagues you trust.
- You will know how to create the conditions for greater safety and agility in teams you are part of.
- You will be bold and able to help each other to be brave.
- You will feel confident as a learning leader and proud of the learning journey you have been on.
- You will recognize the individual change that has taken place in your personal leadership and celebrate and appreciate it with others.
- You will be committed to a continuing personal leadership practice supported by the learning habits you have developed on this learning journey and reinforced by LtC tools and peers.
Go to facilitation guides and tools
The curriculum formats can easily be edited so as a facilitator, you can exchange tools used during sessions, adapt content, and translate materials into your preferred language.
share the tools with your learners
Use this website as a resource to help you lead a learning journey. You can share the tools directly with your learners on the learning journey page.