Asbestos is a naturally occurring mineral composed of soft and flexible fibers that are resistant to heat, electricity and corrosion. These qualities make the mineral useful, but they also make asbestos exposure highly toxic. Asbestos is an effective insulator, and it can be used in cloth, paper, cement, plastic and other materials to make them stronger. But when asbestos dust is inhaled or ingested, mineral fibers can become permanently trapped in the body. Different guidance and awareness material developed during different humanitarian operations provide evidence of this hazard and best ways to deal with it. Available in English and Bahasa Indonesian.
|File Name||File Size||Download|