Find the following resources about Public Health Response:
EPIDEMIC CONTROL FOR VOLUNTEERS (ECV)
- Spitting etiquette – Epidemic Control for Volunteers. Languages: EN, SP, FR
- Sneezing etiquette – Epidemic Control for Volunteers. Languages: EN, SP, FR
- Guide for National Society teams_Rapid training for community response to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak
- RCRC Prevention and key messages and Risk Communication and Community Engagement
- COVID19-signs and symptoms, the transmission of disease.
- Epidemic Control for Volunteers (ECV) guidance.
- COVID-19 ECV/ RCCE training package in English and French.
FRAGILE, COMPLEX AND HUMANITARIAN SETTINGS
- IASC Interim Guidance on COVID-19 for Outbreak Readiness and Response Operations – Camps and Camp-like Settings
- Preparedness, prevention and control of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) for refugees and migrants in non-camp settings. Languages: EN, PT
- Red Cross Red Crescent home care for coronavirus patients
- Advice on the use of masks:
- IFRC guidance on the generalised use of cloth face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic. Languages: EN, SP, FR, AR, PT(1), PT(2), RU.
- WHO Advice on the use of masks in the community, during home care and in healthcare settings in the context of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak. Languages: EN, SP, FR, AR, RU, and ZH (Simplified).
- IFRC guidance on the use of face masks during the pandemic. Languages: EN, AR, SP, FR
- Home care for patients with suspected novel coronavirus (nCoV) infection presenting with mild symptoms and management of contacts (WHO). Languages: EN, SP, FR, and ZH (Simplified).
MANAGEMENT OF THE DEAD
- Safe body handling and mourning ceremonies for COVID-19 affected communities: Implementation guidance for National Red Cross Red Crescent Societies. EN, AR, FR, RU, SP
- WHO Safe Management of a dead body COVID
POINT OF ENTRY AND SCREENING
- Key considerations: Quarantine in the context of COVID-19
- Social Science in Humanitarian Action: Key considerations
- WHO Key considerations for repatriation and quarantine of travelers in relation to the outbreak of novel coronavirus 2019-nCoV. Languages: EN, FR, AR, and ZH.
RISK COMMUNICATION, COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY
- COVID-19 – How to include marginalized and vulnerable people in risk communication and community engagement
- COVID-19 – Community guidance for social mobilizers volunteers
- Community Engagement Hub COVID-19 (IFRC – British Red Cross)
- Community Engagement and Accountability on COVID-19 Resource Compendium section
- Guide for the media on communicating in public health emergencies
SURVEILLANCE AND CONTACT TRACING
- Community-Based Surveillance Guide COVID-19. Languages: EN, SP, FR, AR.
- Community-Based Surveillance (CBS). Knowledge platform / Resources
- IFRC Guidance: Contact Tracing Guidance COVID-19. Languages: EN, FR, SP, AR, RU, PT
VACCINATION AGAINST COVID-19
- IFRC guidance for involvement in COVID-19 vaccine introduction and involvement in clinical trials. Languages: EN
- IFRC’s Five pillars to prepare for and introduce COVID-19 vaccines
- WHO Guidance on developing a national deployment and vaccination plan for COVID-19 vaccines
- Other resources:
- Advocacy materials: To access IFRC network advocacy materials on vaccination (NS/IFRC access only), register here.
- National Societies Immunization Taskforce Resources: The Taskforce supports IFRC’s objectives in enhancing global vaccination coverage and assisting with the preparation for and implementation of the COVID-19 vaccine. It is comprised of three Working Groups (WG) including: Advocacy WG, Operations Planning WG, and Resource Mobilization WG.
More on Health Help Desk COVID-19